$145.00 all-inclusive (lunch and light refreshments provided)
Availability: Now booking, positions available!
Okay, so you have completed one of our 'introduction to beekeeping' workshops and you are now managing a hive or two - congratulations.
But you have also discovered since starting your journey into the world of beekeeping that there are a couple of things (or more) that you would like to gain a clearer understanding of, now that you are starting to better understand the bees.
The day starts with a quick refresher on all the basics to reaffirm all that you already know, but may have overlooked or forgotten.
As you will recall, all of our sessions are 'hands on' and you will be immersed in the apiary with the bees from the outset.
- Getting the most out of your smoker - so it never lets you down
- Swarm management techniques (prevention & management)
- Hive merging & splitting
- Marking queens
- Requeening & queenless hives
- Feeding your bees - what, when, how and why
- Pest and disease identification and control methods
- Celebrating the harvest - honey, pollen, propolis & bees wax
- Seasonal hive management techniques - what, when, how and why
- Summary & FAQ's - lets debunk those urban myths and set the record straight once and for all
The day starts at 9am and finishes 5 hours later at 2pm, with 30 minutes set aside for the lunch break.
Positions are limited, so please email us if you are interested in attending:[email protected]